Bill Polian is an American football executive who is also an NFL analyst for ESPN. From 1998 to 2011, he served as Vice-Chairman of the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL. He also worked as the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills; a professional American football team based in the Buffalo–Niagara Falls metropolitan area.
Bill Polian Early Life (Parents, Siblings, Hometown, and Age)
Bill Polian a.k.a. William Patrick Polian Jr. was born on December 8, 1942, in The Bronx, New York, USA. He is 78 years old. The information related to his identities has not been disclosed to the present day. It is also not clear that whether Bill is a single child of the Polian family or not.
Bill Polian Personal Life (Relationship Status, Wife, Children)
Bill Polian is married to his wife, Eileen Polian. The couple is said to have been in a long-term romantic relationship with each other before their marriage. The couple is blessed with 4 children; Lynn Polian, Chris Polian, Brian Polian, and Dennis Polian. Chris, Brian, and Dennis followed Bill’s path to become football executive, football program’s Chief of Staff/Senior Associate, and football coach respectively.
Mr. and Mrs. Polian are also the proud grandparents of their nine grandchildren; Annie, William, Jack, Caroline, Kate, Aidan, Charlotte, Finn, and, Millie. The couple resides in their Charlotte house in North Carolina.
Education and University
Polian completed his high school at Mount Saint Michael Academy in the Bronx, New York City in 1960 and attended the United States Merchant Marine Academy. He got an enrollment at the New York University in 1961 and graduated in 1964 with an undergraduate degree in history. While studying at the university, Bill got interested in football and played at safety for the NYU Violets football club team.
After he graduated from NYU, Bill moved to Cornwall, New York in 1977 to pursue his interest in football. The following year, Polian worked as a scout for the Kansas City Chiefs until 1982. In 1983, he was hired as the personnel director by the Chicago Blitz, a team of the United States Football League (USFL).
Bill worked with Chicago Blitz until 1983 and he then was hired by Buffalo Bills as the General Manager from 1986 to 1992. While at the Buffalo Bills, Polian was able to make the NFL Executive of the Year Award twice under his name in 1988 and 1991 respectively, and was also included in the Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame in 2012.
Polian then went on to work with the Carolina Panthers in 1995 as general manager but quickly got promoted to the position of president. He gained this feat by making a team that got promoted to NFC Championship Game in their 2nd year. He left the Carolina Panthers in 1997.
He was soon hired as the president by Indianapolis Colts in 1998. During his administration, Indianapolis Colts were one of the most successful teams with eight consecutive NFL playoff appearances, seven consecutive seasons of more than 12 regular-season victories, and won seven division titles, and Super Bowl XLI.
Bill started his career as an analyst in 2012 as he was hired by ESPN as an NFL analyst. He then became the co-owner of an off-season professional football league, Alliance of American Football, along with Charlie Ebersol in March 2018. But the league’s football operations were suspended only after 1st season after Thomas Dundon purchased the league.
Bill Polian Net Worth and Income
According to the online sources, the total net worth of Bill Polian is estimated to be USD 20 million and his annual salary was estimated to be $250,000 from 2017 to 2019. His direct source of income is his long career in professional football career. Additionally, he owns assets such as a private house in North Carolina and invests in various NFL leagues.
Awards and Achievements
The following are the awards and achievements received by Bill Polian:
- NFL Executive of the Year (1988, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2009)
- Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame (2012)
- Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee (2015)
- Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor (2017)
In his 42 years long career in professional football, Bill has faced several controversies.
- During his tenure in Buffalo Bills, Polian was fired as general manager as the team lost back-to-back 2 to14 seasons as well as Super Bowl for 3 straight seasons.
- Polian got enrolled in one of the biggest controversies in his career in 2006 after reportedly shoving a New York Jets employee by pinning him against a wall during warmups. The controversy settled down after a written apology from Polian to the Jets employee.
- Bill and his son Chris were fired by the owner of Indianapolis Colts, Jim Irsay, reportedly due to the poor performance of the team in the 2011 seasons.
Wiki and Short Bio
- Name: Bill Polian
- Birth Name: William Patrick Polian Jr.
- NickName: N/A
- Birth Date: December 8, 1942
- Birth Place: The Bronx, New York, USA
- Age: 78
- Gender: Male
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Religion: N/A
- Father’s Name: N/A
- Mother’s Name: N/A
- Sibling: N/A
- Relationship Status: Married
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse: Eileen Polian
- Children: 4
- Names: Lynn Polian, Chris Polian, Brian Polian, and Dennis Polian
- Grandchildren: 9
- Names: Annie, William, Jack, Caroline, Kate, Aidan, Charlotte, Finn, Millie
- Occupation: Football executive
- Net Worth: USD $ 20 million
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.75 m or 175 cm)
- Weight: 67 kg (146 lbs)
- Complexion: White
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Social media: Twitter @realbillpolian
Interested in other such stars? Here is the biography of Caroline Ostman, girlfriend of Buffalo Bills’ rookie QB Jake Fromm.